North West – permanent/full time
Snap is transforming how we travel from city to city, a travel tech start-up changing the face of intercity transport through on-demand coach travel.
We’re the Premier League of coach travel… on-demand. Our system matches people wanting to make similar trips, with the top drivers and coaches, from the country’s very best independent operators.
Backed by a superb mix of institutional and private investors (led by Kindred Capital, Oxford Capital and ADV), we’re building a team of curious and capable transport and technology inspired folk based in our London head office and across the UK.
With Snap you can also build your own tailored trip, and share it with your network. If enough people choose it – we’ll run it. Tens of thousands of people have discovered Snap since we launched, and 95% of our reviews are 5-STAR… don’t take our word for it, check us out on Facebook
Snap is scaling fast, whilst we hire with care. That’s because we know our culture is as important as our mission. We want our people to form relationships that last and grow; well beyond their career with us. Finding like-minded people who really enjoy working together, sharing and taking pride in each other’s achievements is more important than any other consideration.
What the role is:
We are looking for an energetic Area Manager to continuously grow our Snap customer base, who cares deeply about customer experience, is fervent about travel and tech, and will ensure that our coach operators provide the highest quality service.
What the role will entail:
- Managing and maintaining relationships with coach operators
- Training drivers to use the Snap driver’s app and ensure they are aware of the connections
- Confirming operators comply with their contractual obligations
- Conducting periodic audits of operators’ services and support functions
- Safeguarding that services operate as per advice given to customers
- Communicating major events that could impact services
- Ensuring that all pick-up and drop off points function effectively and safely
- Promote to various target markets, such as students and large employers
- Developing knowledge of the local marketplace and pursuing new opportunities
- Implementing and coordinating student ambassador programs
- Set-up and managing promotions teams
- Working effectively with local stakeholders and authorities to help develop and improve the Snap service
- Regularly using the service and talking to customers, learning new ways to improve the service
- Feeding operations knowledge into development of technology applications
- Coordinating with other regional managers to feed into London operators the reports, needs and requirements of regional services
We'd like you to have:
- Degree or equivalent with a passion for start-ups, travel and technology
- Entrepreneurial attitude and be able to actively seek out opportunities and work off own initiative
- Extremely customer focused mind-set
- Familiarity with Technology and using it to improve customer experience
- Valid Driver’s Licence
It’s a full time role based in the region with frequent travel to head office in London. We’re looking for someone who is willing to work at least one weekend per month to ensure that operations run smoothly, travel on the coaches, speak to customers and drivers and feed back to the Snap team. You would be able to take 2 days off in lieu during the week.
- Your benefits will include holiday entitlement of 25 days per year for a full time employee, in addition to public holidays
- Gentle dress code
- Weekly company check-ins (free beer – other options are available!) an open forum with the exec team for discussing the company’s direction and open floor discussion of the things which matter most
- Periodic companywide Quality Day projects
- You will have access to Perkbox, our team benefits platform that gives you access to over 200 perks such as big brand discounts; premium rewards and lifestyle perks
- You will be enrolled into our workplace pension scheme. We’ll make employer contributions into your retirement pot and you’ll make member contributions
- You will also receive free travel on Snap coach services – a benefit that will only grow as we grow!